- Fast: Aligns large machining centers up to 70% faster than traditional methods or interferometers.
- Easy: Features a plumb laser that is square to the auto-rotating laser plane to within 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) and can be projected out 100 ft (30.5 m), allowing easy squareness checks of tall machines.
- Accurate: Ultra-precise laser plane has a flatness of 0.5 arc second (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 0.25 arc second (.000015 in/ft or 0.001 mm/m) in a 90º sweep.
- Versatile: Easily checks surface flatness, machinery leveling, squareness of vertical machine axes, or surface to a horizontal axis or surface, and checking plumb of any vertical surface up to 100 ft (30.5 m).
- Smart: Powerful Windows-based alignment software, combined with advanced wireless interfaces, makes collecting and analyzing alignment data fast and easy.
- Continuously rotating diode laser with 100 ft (30.5 m) radius operating range.
- Set up in as little as 10 minutes.
- Laser plane flat to 0.5 arc second (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m).
- Plumb laser square to auto-rotating laser plane to within 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) and can be projected out 100 ft (30.5 m).
- Uses A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target with .00002 in (0.0005 mm) resolution.
- R-1356-2.4ZB PDA Readout displays data for up to 5 A-1519-2.4ZB Targets simultaneously.
- Live data display.
- Backlit, precision level vials accurate to 3 arc seconds (.00018 in/ft or 0.015 mm/m).
- Upgrade to L-740SP Split-Prism Levels for 1 arc second accuracy.
- Uses AC adapter or battery pack.
- Windows 7/8/10-based Plane5 software quickly records and analyzes flatness data.
- Floor Beam Alignment
- Jig/Tooling Calibration and Leveling
- Seat-Track Alignment
- Laser-Cutting Machines
- Saw Mills
- Tube-Bending Machines
- Agricultural Machinery Assembly
- Large Construction Machinery Assembly
- Truck Bed Assembly
- Machine Bed Leveling
- Split Joints on Steam Turbines
- Floor and Spar Mills
- Horizontal and Vertical Boring Mills
- Horizontal and Vertical Machining Centers
- Large-Lathe Beds
- Machine Tool Assembly and Calibration
- Roll-Forming Machines
- Vertical and Horizontal Presses
- Injection Molding Machines
- Calibration of Large Fixtures
- Large-Part Flatness, Straightness and Squareness
- Scraping Machine Rolls
- Surface Plate Calibration
Entry-Level Laser Alignment System for Leveling and Squaring Machinery
The L-741 Ultra-Precision Levelscan® leveling and squaring laser is part of a line of more affordable, yet highly versatile and accurate machine alignment systems designed to quickly measure and correct machine geometry errors with minimal setup. An entry-level laser alignment system, the L-741 quickly finds and fixes flatness and squareness/plumb errors of most high-accuracy machine tools and other alignment applications.
Unsurpassed Plane Flatness
One of the critical components of any laser alignment system is the straightness or surface flatness of the laser beam or plane, as this is the reference from which the measurements are made.
The L-741 features the flattest laser plane in the world. Its continuously rotating laser plane is flat to 1/2 an arc second (0.00003 in/ft or 0.002 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 1/4 arcsec in a 90º sweep (0.000015 in/ft or 0.001 mm/m).
100′ Squareness Measuring Capability
It also features a plumb laser that is square to the laser plane to within 1 arc second (0.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m). This plumb laser can be projected out 100 ft (30.5 M), allowing squareness of even the tallest machine in the world to be easily checked. The L-741 laser alignment system also features 2 built-in level vials that are accurate to 1 arc second.
New Line of Wireless Targets
Another critical component of laser alignment systems is the resolution of the targets. This determines how close the measurements can be made.
The L-741 laser alignment system utilizes our new line of wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB and A-1520-2.4ZB) that feature up to 0.00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to 1 in. (25 mm) and an 2.4 GHz “Zigbee” radio communication with our R-1357-2.4ZB Ruggedized Trimble Android PDA, which can simultaneously display up to 5 targets.
These targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries, are lightweight and can be used as digital height gages when used with precision inserts. And like all Hamar Laser alignment systems, the targets provide live alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
For applications with tolerances of 0.00002 in/ft or 0.0017 mm/m or higher, the L-741’s applications include:
- Checking the flatness of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Measuring and leveling machine beds and ways, large bearing surfaces, and fabrications
- Checking the squareness of any vertical machine axis or surface to a horizontal axis or surface
- Checking plumb of a vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between horizontal surfaces
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
- Collecting data for and analyze lines of motion using our Machine Tool Geometry or Plane5 Software.
Geometry Analysis Software
For wireless recording and analyzing laser alignment system data, our color, 3-D surface flatness and squareness analysis software, Plane5, simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can measure up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and present a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.
- A1519 RS485 Cable Connection Diagram – Rev B
- A-1519-1520 Data Format – Type II – Programmer’s note -1 or 2-axis targets
- L-106 Datasheet – Rev F
- R-1307B Basic Readout Datasheet -with KS – Rev E
- R-1357 PDA Android Data Display datasheet – Rev A.pdf
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Version II – Rev A
- S-1405 Read15 PDA Software – Rev A
- T-261 & T-212 Datasheet Rev C