- Fast: Aligns and levels large machine tool beds up to 70% faster than traditional methods or interferometers.
- Easy: Multiple high-resolution wireless targets with a range of up to 100 ft (30 m) provide real-time alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup.
- Accurate: Ultra-precise laser planes have a flatness of 0.5 arc second (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 0.25 arc second (.000015 in/ft or 0.001 mm/m) in a 90º sweep.
- Versatile: Flatness and straightness measurements of almost any surface, many measuring and leveling applications, surface plate flatness calibration and checking parallelism.
- Smart: Powerful Windows-based Plane5 alignment software, combined with advanced wireless interfaces, makes collecting and analyzing alignment data fast and easy.
- Continuously rotating diode laser with 100 ft (30.5 m) radius operating range.
- Set up in as little as 10 minutes.
- Laser plane flat to 0.5 arc second (.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m).
- Uses A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target with .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution and ± .55 in. (± 14 mm) measuring range.
- R-1356-2.4ZB PDA Readout displays data for up to 5 A-1519-2.4ZB Targets simultaneously.
- Real-time data display.
- Backlit, precision level vials accurate to 3 arc seconds (.00018 in/ft or 0.015 mm/m).
- Upgrade to L-740SP Split-Prism Levels for 1 arc second accuracy.
- Uses AC adapter or battery pack.
- Windows 7/8/10-based Plane5 software quickly records and analyzes flatness data.
- Aircraft Interior Alignment (Storage Bins, Galleys, etc.)
- Floor Beam Alignment
- Jig/Tooling Leveling
- Laser-Cutting Machine Leveling
- Router Leveling
- Water-Jet Machine Leveling
- Woodworking Machine Leveling
- Agricultural Machinery Leveling
- Large Construction Machinery Leveling
- Truck Bed Assembly
- Machine Bed Leveling
- Split Joints on Steam Turbines
- Floor and Spar Mill Leveling
- Gantry Leveling
- Horizontal and Vertical Boring Mill Leveling
- Horizontal and Vertical Machining Center Leveling
- Large-Lathe Bed Leveling
- Machine Tool Assembly Leveling
- Vertical and Horizontal Presses
- Injection Molding Machines
- Large-Part Flatness, Straightness and Squareness
- Scraping Machine Rails
- Surface Plate Calibration
- Gun Bearing Alignment
- LNG Tanker Hull Construction
- Section Alignment and Layout
Laser Alignment 2 to 3 Times Faster than Traditional Methods.
The L-740 Laser Leveling and Alignment System is the most accurate and easy-to-use surface flatness and straightness measurement system on the market today. It features a continously rotating laser plane that is the flattest in the world, wireless targets and built-in 1-arc second level vials. Continuously rotating laser planes and the ability to use multiple sensors at the same time means the L-740 can level machinery 2 to 3 times faster than laser transits, theodolites or levels.
Unsurpassed Plane Flatness
One of the critical components of any laser leveling and alignment system is the straightness or flatness of the laser beam or plane, as this is the reference from which the measurements are made. The L-740’s continuously rotating laser plane is flat to 1/2 an arc second (0.00003 in/ft or 0.0025 mm/m) in a 360º sweep and 1/4 arc sec in a 90º sweep (0.000015 in/ft or 0.001 mm/m).
New Line of Wireless Targets
Another critical component of flatness or straightness measurements is the resolution laser beam detector. This determines how close the measurements can be made.
The L-740 system uses our line of wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB and A-1520-2.4ZB) that feature up to 0.00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to 1 in. (25 mm) and 2.4 GHz “Zigbee” radio wireless communication with our R-1357-2.4ZB PDA Readout, which can simultaneously display up to 5 targets.
These lightweight targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries and can be used as digital height gages when used with precision inserts. And like all Hamar Laser systems, the targets provide live alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
The L-740’s applications include:
- Flatness and straightness measurements of almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Measuring and leveling machine beds and ways, large bearing surfaces, and fabrications
- Surface plate flatness calibration
- Checking the parallelism of horizontal or vertical surfaces or machine lines of motion.
Wireless Data Downloading to Software
For wireless recording and analyzing alignment data, our Plane5 3-D flatness and squareness analysis software simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can record flatness measurements in up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and presents a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.
Simple Laser Alignment Procedure
Taking measurements is as easy as simply leveling the laser, placing a target on one point of the surface and zeroing it. You are now set up to take flatness or straightness measurements. Performing alignments is as simple as placing the target over an adjustment point and turning the bolts while watching the wireless, hand-held readout update the readings automatically. Laser transits and theodolites require at least 2 operators to level machinery while our lasers require only one technician.
- A-1519-1520 Data Format – Type II – Programmer’s note -1 or 2-axis targets
- A1519 RS485 Cable Connection Diagram – Rev B
- L-106 Datasheet – Rev F
- R-1307B Basic Readout Datasheet -with KS – Rev E
- R-1357 PDA Android Data Display datasheet – Rev A.pdf
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Version II – Rev A
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Sample Report – Square
- Plane5 Sample Report – Horizontal Flange
- Plane5 2 Vert Surfaces Sample Report
- S-1405 Read15 PDA Software – Rev A