- Fast: Aligns roll-forming machinery and other roll alignment applications up to 70% faster than traditional methods.
- Easy: Multiple high-resolution wireless targets with a range of up to 100 ft provide live alignment data, so alignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup.
- Accurate: Precision laser planes have a flatness of 2 arc seconds (.00012 in/ft or 0.01 mm/m) in a 180º/360º sweep and 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) in a 90º sweep.
- Versatile: Depending on the laser plane configuration, the system is ideal for virtually all roll machinery; plus machining centers, gantries, roll forming machines and many other applications.
- Smart: Powerful Windows-based alignment software, combined with advanced wireless interfaces, makes collecting and analyzing alignment data fast and easy.
- 2 continuously rotating laser planes with operational range of 100 ft (30.5 meters) in radius with 2 configurations:
- 2 vertical laser planes, typically used in roll alignment; and
- 1 vertical and 1 horizontal laser plane, typically used for machine-tool axis (or surface) flatness, straightness and squareness.
- Backlit levels accurate to 3 arc seconds (.00018 in/ft or 0.015mm/m). Upgrade to Split-Prism level vials for accuracy to .00006 in/ft (0.005 mm/m).
- Laser planes flat to 2 arc seconds (.00012 in/ft or 0.01 mm/m) in 180º/360º sweep and 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) in 90º sweep.
- Planes are square to each other up to 2 arc seconds (.00012 in/ft or 0.01 mm/m).
- Standard targets: A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Targets with 1 in. (25.4 mm) Measuring Range and .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) Resolution.
- Optional high-accuracy targets: A-1520-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Targets with .39 in. (10 mm) Measuring Range and .00001 in. (0.00025mm) Resolution.
- For roll alignment system configuration, factory-built benchmark fixtures and laser translation slide are included in system.
- Includes Pitch/Roll/Yaw base with coarse adjustments.
- Battery or AC powered.
- Typical setup time is 15 minutes or less.
- Aircraft Interior Alignment (Storage Bins, Galleys, etc.)
- Floor Beam Alignment
- Jig/Tooling Calibration and Leveling
- Seat-Track Alignment
- Laser-Cutting Machines
- Saw Mills
- Tube-Bending Machines
- Water-Jet Machines
- Woodworking Machines
- Agricultural Machinery Assembly
- Large Construction Machinery Assembly
- Locomotive Assembly
- Truck Bed Assembly
- Machine Bed Leveling
- Split Joints on Steam Turbines
Machine Tools – Lower Accuracy
- Floor and Spar Mills
- Horizontal and Vertical Boring Mills
- Horizontal and Vertical Machining Centers
- Large-Lathe Beds
- Machine Tool Assembly and Calibration
- Roll-Forming Machines
- Vertical and Horizontal Presses
- Vertical-Turning Lathes
- Blown-Film Lines
- Film Lines
- Injection Molding Machines
- Calibration of Large Fixtures
- Large-Part Flatness, Straightness and Squareness
- Aluminum Mills
- Continuous Casting Machines
- Steel Mills
- Textile Mills
- Gun Bearing Alignment
- LNG Tanker Hull Construction
- Section Alignment and Layout
L-732 Precision Dual Scan® Laser Alignment System
Primarily designed for roll alignment and other similar alignment applications that do not require the exacting tolerances of the L-742 Ultra-Precsion Laser, the L-732 Precision Dual Scan® Laser System offers 2 automatically rotating laser planes that can be configured by the factory to have either 2 vertical planes, or 1 horizontal and 1 vertical laser plane. Affordable, yet powerful, the L-732 not only MEASURES but it also FIXES alignment errors in a fraction of the time needed with conventional methods.
2 Arc Second Accuracy
One of the critical components of any laser system is the straightness or flatness of the laser beam or plane, as this is the reference from which the measurements are made.
The L-732’s laser planes are flat and square to 2 arc seconds (0.00012″/ft or 0.01 mm/M). It comes with a pitch, roll and yaw adjustment base, for setting the laser planes parallel to reference points, 2-arc-second level vials and a powerful magnet for maximum stability.
Two Configurations for Many Different Applications
With two continuously sweeping, ultra-flat, orthogonal laser planes, the L-732 Dual Scan® Laser System is ideally suited for a whole host of alignment applications. The L-732 comes in 2 configurations. The standard L-732 has 1 horizontal laser plane and 1 vertical laser plane. It is used for measuring flatness straightness and squareness on machining centers, gantries and roll forming machines. The L-732WW has 2 vertical laser planes and is used primarily for aligning the horizontal roll parallelism of printing presses, paper mills, films lines and other roll alignment applications.
New Line of Wireless Targets
Another critical component of flatness or straightness measurements is the resolution laser beam detector. This determines how close the measurements can be made.
The L-732 system uses our line of wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB and A-1520-2.4ZB) that feature up to 0.00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to 1 in. (25 mm) and 2.4 GHz “Zigbee” radio wireless communication with our R-1357-2.4ZB PDA Readout, which can simultaneously display up to 5 targets.
These lightweight targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries and can be used as digital height gages when used with precision inserts. And like all Hamar Laser systems, the targets provide live alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
For alignments with tolerances of 0.00015″/ft or (0.01 mm/M) or greater, the L-732 can quickly measure and correct machine geometry with minimal setup in the following applications:
- Water-jet cutting machines
- Laser-cutting machine
- Normal or blown-film lines (roll alignment)
- Rubber (roll alignment)
- Steel (roll alignment)
- Textiles (roll alignment)
- Saw Mills
- Leveling almost any surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- Measuring and aligning:
- The flatness of almost any vertical surface (squares, frames, ways, flanges, circles, etc.)
- The squareness of any 2 vertical surfaces
- The flatness and straightness of vertical surfaces
- The straightness of horizontally and vertically traversing axes
- The parallelism of vertical or horizontal surfaces, even if those surfaces are 100 feet (30.5 meters apart)
- Checking plumb of a vertical surface up to 100 feet (30.5 meters)
- Checking way twist and parallelism between vertical surfaces
- Measuring surfaces up to 200 feet (61 meters) long with 1 setup
Compatible with New Wireless Targets
The L-732 can also be used with our line of wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB, and A-1520-2.4ZB) that communicate with a Ruggedized Trimble Android PDA and A-910-2.4ZB radio receiver for a laptop. For wireless recording and analyzing alignment data, our color, 3-D flatness and squareness analysis software, Plane5, simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can measure up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and present a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.
- L-732 Roll Alignment Brochure – Rev A
- L-733 – L-743 Machining Center Alignment Brochure (with image popup) – Rev A
- A-1519/A-1520-2.4ZB Type II Wireless Target Manual – Rev G
- A1519 RS485 Cable Connection Diagram – Rev B
- A-1519-1520 Data Format – Type II – Programmer’s note -1 or 2-axis targets
- L-106 Datasheet – Rev F
- R-1307B Basic Readout Datasheet -with KS – Rev E
- R-1357 PDA Android Data Display datasheet – Rev A.pdf
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Version II – Rev A
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Sample Report – Square
- S-1387 Machine Geo Software – Rev C
- Machine Geo Sample Report
- S-1405 Read15 PDA Software – Rev A