- Fast: Aligns large machining centers up to 70% faster than traditional methods or interferometers.
- Easy: Multiple high-resolution wireless targets with a range of up to 100 ft (30 m) provide real-time alignment data, so alignment/leveling errors can be fixed without changing the setup.
- Accurate: Precision laser planes have a flatness of 2 arc seconds (.00012 in/ft or 0.01 mm/m) in a 180°/360º sweep and 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) in a 90º sweep.
- Versatile: Flatness, straightness, leveling and parallelism measurements of almost any horizontal or vertical surface.
- Smart: Powerful Windows-based Plane5 software, combined with advanced wireless interfaces, makes collecting and analyzing alignment data fast and easy.
- Continuously rotating diode laser with 100 ft (30.5 m) radius operating range.
- Set up in as little as 10 minutes.
- Laser plane flat to 2 arc seconds (.00012 in/ft or 0.01 mm/m) in a 180°/360º sweep and 1 arc second (.00006 in/ft or 0.005 mm/m) in a 90º sweep.
- Uses A-1519-2.4ZB Single-Axis Wireless Target with .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution and +/-.55 in. (+/-14 mm) measuring range.
- R-1355-2.4ZB PDA Readout displays data for up to 5 A-1519-2.4ZB Targets simultaneously.
- Coarse Pitch and Roll leveling base adjustments.
- Real-time data display.
- Backlit, precision level vials accurate to 3 arc seconds (.00018 in/ft or 0.015 mm/m).
- Upgrade to L-730SP Split-Prism Levels and L-730CFU Coarse/Fine PRY Base Upgrade for 1 arc second accuracy.
- Uses AC adapter or battery pack.
- Windows 7/8/10-based Plane5 software quickly records and analyzes flatness data.
- Aircraft Interior Alignment (Storage Bins, Galleys, etc.)
- Floor Beam Alignment
- Jig/Tooling Leveling
- Laser-Cutting Machine Leveling and Flatness
- Router Leveling and Flatness
- Water-Jet Machine Leveling and Flatness
- Woodworking Machine Leveling and Flatness
- Agricultural Machinery Leveling and Flatness
- Large Construction Machinery Leveling and Flatness
- Truck Bed Assembly Leveling and Flatness
- Machine Bed Leveling
- Split Joints on Steam Turbines
Machine Tools – Lower Accuracy
- Floor and Spar Mill Leveling and Flatness
- Gantry Leveling and Flatness
- Horizontal and Vertical Boring Mill Leveling and Flatness
- Horizontal and Vertical Machining Center Leveling and Flatness
- Large-Lathe Bed Leveling and Flatness
- Machine Tool Assembly Leveling and Flatness
- Vertical and Horizontal Presses and Flatness
- Injection Molding Machines Platen Parallelism and Flatness
- Large-Part Flatness, Straightness and Leveling
- Gun Bearing Alignment
- LNG Tanker Hull Construction
- Section Alignment and Layout
Automatically Rotating Laser Planes with 200 Ft. (60 m) Range
The L-730 Leveling Laser System is a highly accurate and affordable leveling laser alignment system that measures flatness or levelness of surfaces or machinery as well a straightness of machine axes. Unlike other “point-n-shoot” lasers, the L-730’s laser beam continuously rotates, which allows the use of multiple targets simultaneously. The laser plane has a measuring range of 100 feet (30 m) in radius, or 200 feet overall.
Extremely Flat Laser Plane
One of the critical components of any laser system is the straightness or flatness of the laser beam or plane, as this is a guide as to how accurate flatness/levelness measurements can be made.
The L-730 features a continuously rotating laser plane that is flat to .00012 in/ft. (0.01 mm/m) in a 180° sweep.
High-Accuracy Leveling up to 70% Fastwer
The L-730 features 2 built-in level vials, accurate to .00016 in/ft. (0.015 mm/m). By using multiple A-1519/A-1520 Wireless Targets, multiple surfaces or points on a machine can be leveled at the same time. This saves up to 70% over using conventional levels or optics.
Two Configurations for Many Different Applications
The L-730 Scan Laser System is ideally suited for a whole host of alignment applications. The L-730 comes in 2 configurations. The standard L-730 has a horizontal laser plane, for checking flatness and leveling. The L-730W has a vertical laser plane and is used primarily for aligning the straightness of a rail or saw.
Wireless Targets with High Resolution and Measuring Range
To measure the flatness of a surface, the L-730 system uses our wireless targets (A-1519-2.4ZB and A-1520-2.4ZB) that feature up to .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution, large measuring ranges of up to ± .55 in. (±14 mm) and 2.4 GHz “Zigbee” radio wireless communication with our R-1357-2.4ZB PDA Readout, which can simultaneously display up to 5 targets.
These lightweight targets are all powered by rechargeable batteries and like all Hamar Laser systems, the targets provide real-time alignment data so misalignment errors can be fixed without changing the setup!
Plane5 Flatness Software
For wireless recording and analyzing alignment data, our color, 3-D flatness and squareness analysis software, Plane5, simplifies and streamlines the data analysis process. It can measure up to 7 different surfaces in one project setup file and present a color, 3-D graph of the flatness and squareness analysis for each surface.
- L-733 – L-743 Machining Center Alignment Brochure (with image popup) – Rev A
- A-1519/A-1520-2.4ZB Type II Wireless Target Manual – Rev G
- A-1519-1520 Data Format – Type II – Programmer’s note -1 or 2-axis targets
- A1519 RS485 Cable Connection Diagram – Rev B
- L-106 Datasheet – Rev F
- R-1307B Basic Readout Datasheet -with KS – Rev E
- R-1357 PDA Android Data Display datasheet – Rev A.pdf
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Version II – Rev A
- S-1388 Plane5 Software Sample Report – Square
- Plane5 Sample Report – Horizontal Flange
- S-1387 Machine Geo Software – Rev C
- Machine Geo Sample Report
- S-1405 Read15 PDA Software – Rev A